So many of us worry about our diets and exercise routines, but many of us forget about the importance of a healthy sleep regimen. Getting adequate sleep will not only improve your general health, it will also boost your immune system and your mood. Here are a few of my suggestions to help sleep better:
- Empty your mind by jotting down your thoughts in a notebook or diary
- Limit your TV, computer, phone, and other electronics use to at least 30 minutes before bedtime
- Use a black out screen for a darker room
- Consider purchasing a noise maker if sleeping in silence is difficult for you
- Limit your fluid intake in the evenings
- Keep your room at a cool temperature
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule
- Don’t hit the snooze button
For a sleep you can count on night after night, a plan of action is important. Most people require between seven and nine hours of sleep, find out what works best for your body, and be consistent with the amount of sleep you get. By avoiding bad habits, and trying out healthy sleep promoting techniques, you will find your own remedy for the perfect night’s rest.
About Integrated Health Solutions
Dr. Charbel Harb is a licensed chiropractic physician and the Medical Director of Integrated Health Solutions. Our core belief is that each patient who walks through the doors is a person, not just a medical record or chart. Our greatest pleasure is bringing joy to our patients and helping them to fully embrace life, allowing them to enjoy each day: active, healthy and pain free.