Do you find yourself comatose at work by mid-morning? Your empty calorie breakfast may be to blame. At our Indianapolis chiropractic clinic, we encourage our patients to start their day with a nutritious, healthy breakfast, free of processed foods, such as sugar-coated cereals, and dairy. Instead, we suggest a nourishing, energizing breakfast full of protein and good fats, such as one of the following:
1. Smoothies. A cup of almond milk, one frozen banana, one cup of frozen mango, and a scoop of protein powder, makes a delicious smoothie to start your day. Nondairy protein smoothies are ultimately preferred. If you add whey protein, make sure it is cold processed, highly purified and undenatured organic from pasture-raised stock. Freeze your fruit, and ice cubes won’t be necessary. Be creative with your smoothies, you may come across a surprising combination of flavors that you enjoy.
Recommended: PureLean Whey
2. Smoked Salmon. Feeling fancy? Enjoy wild caught smoked salmon for breakfast. Serve it on toasted Ezekiel bread with thinly sliced red onions and capers, with lemon squeezed over top. Avocado slices will add healthy nutritional fat to your breakfast.
3. Oats. Preferably organic, gluten free oats. Add your favorite toppings and flavors, such as a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon, walnuts, dried organic fruit, like raisins or shaved coconut. Drizzle raw honey on top for added sweetness.
4. Veggie Omelet. Try a sautéed mushroom, onion and spinach omelet. Or, add any of your favorite vegetable combinations. For healthiest results, cook your omelet using coconut, or olive oil over low heat. To boost your energy, you can also enjoy half an avocado with your omelet.
5. Coconut Flour Pancakes. Follow your favorite pancake recipe, substituting the ingredients with coconut flour, almond milk, and organic pasture-raised eggs. You can also substitute coconut flour with almond flour if you prefer. Add toppings, such as walnuts, bananas, and a dash of cinnamon. Add raw honey for sweeter pancakes.
At our Indianapolis chiropractic clinic, we encourage our patients to stay healthy, by balancing good nutrition and a living a stress reduced lifestyle. Should you have any questions, contact our affordable chiropractic clinic at 317.449.2020.
About Integrated Health Solutions
Dr. Charbel Harb is a licensed chiropractic physician and the Medical Director of Integrated Health Solutions. Our core belief is that each patient who walks through the doors is a person, not just a medical record or chart. Our greatest pleasure is bringing joy to our patients and helping them to fully embrace life, allowing them to enjoy each day: active, healthy and pain free.