Finding the best chiropractor can be hard nowadays with so many out there. Like everything else, finding the best chiropractor starts with doing research and understanding what it is you are looking for. Referrals are typically the best way to find a good provider, whether it be from another provider or a friend. First hand experience from a friend is always extremely valuable, because a friend will be honest with you about what you are getting yourself into and ultimately if you should go through with it. However, if you are new to the area, or your friends and family are not familiar with chiropractic treatment, here is a helpful guideline and what to look for:
1. We encourage you to find a chiropractic physician that will listen to you, and answer your questions.
2. Look for a chiropractor that engages and empowers you through education and home exercises, which in turn will give you control over your health.
3. We recommend a chiropractor that integrates active care and functional care – such as stretching hip flexors, strengthening glutes, activating core. Active care typically involves the active participation of the patient, such as teaching proper breathing techniques and functional standing and sitting exercises. [youtube_sc url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-URrvHuKeo&list=UUywozp0WIbd3OU4N9KQlUag”]
4. Read the reviews for social proof. Looking for online reviews from third party sources, such as Angie’s List, Yelp, Google, Indy A List, etc., as opposed to the reviews on the chiropractor’s website, will paint a more clear picture of how other patients feel about the provider.
5. Verify that the chiropractor has a good rapport within the medical community, you may simply ask the office staff when you call.
6. Interview your doctor. Meeting your potential chiropractor is not only a good way for you to experience what the environment is like, but it also gives you a chance to see how the doctor uses their time, and if they are attentive towards you. If the chiropractor doesn’t give you their full attention on that first day, you can probably assume that they won’t give you their full attention down the road.
7. Don’t feel like you have to commit on your first visit. Take your time; interview a few chiropractors until you find the one that is right for you.
8. Avoid the salesman; the best chiropractors shouldn’t be selling you big packages or pressuring you to start a treatment plan.
9. Ask questions, to get a better idea of what they do and how they do it.
Keeping these guidelines in mind will help you find the best chiropractor for you. For more helpful advice, or to learn more about Dr. Charbel, contact our Indianapolis chiropractic clinic today at 317-449-2020.
About Integrated Health Solutions
Dr. Charbel Harb is a licensed chiropractic physician and the Medical Director of Integrated Health Solutions. Our core belief is that each patient who walks through the doors is a person, not just a medical record or chart. Our greatest pleasure is bringing joy to our patients and helping them to fully embrace life, allowing them to enjoy each day: active, healthy and pain free.